Saturday, February 16, 2008

cANT sToP THe MAD scieNTisT

The other night I couln't go to sleep and was relaxing flipping through the channel and the name  damien hirt flashed on screen and i changed the channel i realized who that was and then i changed it back, it was sureal to see so thing about real art on TV. Hearing him talk was reassuring. Demien Hirst stammers and has difficulty speaking, i still have hope. i identify with him. He is in some ways like a mad sciencetist also.
slowly (my work /my art) in (growing/evolving)  from (painting/2d work) to a more 3d/sculptural form.  
when i get to point where i like what going on in one of my art pieces, i don't stop i feel i have to continue. not knowing if it is enough or if it was just a happy accident makes me what to keep working on it further.  i dont know when to stop, and i ruin my work. However, after a while i'll  get to a point where i like what it looks like again and 'll be done. The question i ask myself is: "is first time better than than the second time?"  do i over work my artworks, killing the soul of the work? My satisfaction with the piece goes up and down like the values of a stock in the stock market in a sort of wave with its hill and valleys.

No comments: